It’s been one of those days. The kind of day when all of the bills have come due, or you’ve had an upsetting phone call, your kids are acting out or received another poor report card, or simply just that absolutely every task you have set out to accomplish has seemed extraordinarily difficult.
Stress is no joke and takes a big toll on the human body. It increases cortisol levels and blood pressure, lowers immune function and bone density, and can even impact learning and memory. We don’t like to talk about it, but stress can even be a killer. It’s so important to learn how to manage our stress levels, and yes, there’s even an oil for that!
So what do you do?
We’ve discussed supporting emotions with essential oils in another post, which shows exactly how aromatherapy impacts the brain via the limbic system and encourages the emotions to balance and can cut the fight-or-flight response. So while an essential oil won’t actually eliminate the problem, it CAN help you to feel a little more balanced and less chaotic while you handle that mess like a boss. Make sure you’ve also eaten well and nourished yourself, that you are hydrated, and make an effort to do an activity to care for your body as soon as you are able, such as work out or take a brisk walk outside. If your schedule doesn’t allow an immediate break, then make a promise (and keep it!) to reward yourself with a favorite hobby to unwind later on.
Stress Away is a member favorite, and often one of the number one oils that draws newbies to a Premium Starter Kit. This little bottle right here is worth its weight in gold and the price of the whole kit! If you need a quick escape to the beach in the middle of your work day, this sweet, cheerful blend of lime and vanilla will pick you right up and remind you to relax those shoulders.
Stress Away is a blend consisting of Cedarwood (very grounding), Lavender, Ocotea (both calming and soothing), Copaiba (to enhance the effect of other oils), and Lime (it’s just happy!). Stress Away also contains vanilla and gives the blend a dark colored tint.
Here are some of the best ways to use it!
- Put two drops in your palm, rub your hands in a clockwise direction, bring them to your face, and inhale deeply for 4 long counts, and then blow out for the same. Next, rub your hands over the back of your neck and your shoulders to leave an uplifting aroma that reminds you of your happy place!
- Pop on one of the AromaGlide roller-ball fitment that comes in your kit, for a handy on-the-go application. Simply roll or dab it on your neck or wrists, or anywhere you’d apply a favorite perfume.
- Place 5-7 drops of Stress Away in your office diffuser from your starter kit before a meeting.
- Add a few drops to a diffuser necklace or bracelet.
- At home after a long day, add 7-10 drops of Stress Away to 1 cup of Epsom salts and pour the whole thing into a hot bath. (Or use one of Young Living’s Stress Away Bath Bombs – they will literally melt your troubles away! Be advised…Stress Away baths are best before crawling into a comfy bed!)
If you still have to face the music after your little Stress Away mini-vacay, then grab the Valor bottle (also in your starter kit!) and take a deep breath of that also to encourage you go to back out there and face the day.
You’ve got this!!!